Weinbrenner Shoe Company, the Manufacturer of the Thorogood footwear brand and a company who values our employees is looking for motivated candidates candidates to fill a Maintenance Mechanic position at our Merrill location. At Weinbrenner Shoe Company we value teamwork, respect, honesty, and safety.
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment, installation and testing of systems and equipment, in additional to performing preventative maintenance on various devices.
Job Requirements Include:
- Electrical, Pneumatics, Hydraulic and Mechanical experience
- MIG and/or TIG welding experience
- Ability to Troubleshoot
- Experience in blueprint and diagram reading
- Possess a positive attitude and be able to adapt to change
- Be self-motivated, dependable, and responsible
- Have good work attendance and a strong work ethic
- Previous experience as a maintenance mechanic or similar role
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Continuous improvement experience
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record
- A desire to learn, teach, and be part of a team.
Responsibilities of Maintenance Mechanics include:
- Promote and operate within a continuous improvement environment to reduce waste, improve efficiencies, increase throughput, and create a positive work environment
- Ensure that all new machines, methods, and processes if implemented are put into effective use
- Conduct preventative maintenance to mechanical devices
- Detect malfunctions through observation
- Repair broken or faulty machine parts
- Work with supervisors and maintenance personnel in a productive, professional manner
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Follow safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
Wages start at $27.00 - $32.00/hour, depending on experience. Weinbrenner also offers a full benefits package after only 30-days of employment, including:
- Health insurance with HSA match
- Dental and Vision
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary supplemental insurance options
Additional benefits include:
- Vacation after 6 months of employment (depending on start date) and10 paid holidays, with no probationary period requirement.
- Holidays include New Years Eve and Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- And, after 60 days of employment you are eligible to participate in our 401K benefit and receive a match of no less than 8%!
- Effective your first day of employment, receive 24 hours of PTO (paid time off) and 24 hours of unpaid attendance hours which you can increase through your ongoing positive attendance.
- Longevity and Attendance bonuses.
If you have a positive attitude and the required qualifications, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference, and want to be part of a growing company, apply today or send your resume to Savannah Felch, email@example.com.
Choosing where to grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important that you know that Weinbrenner Shoe Company, the manufacturer of the Thorogood brand, has a positive impact on the development of leaders, and will support and guide you.
Weinbrenner is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.