Due to our continued growth and internal promotions, Weinbrenner Shoe Company is looking for a motivated and experienced Safety Manager.
We are recruiting candidates who have strong leadership skills, embody our core values and desires an environment where growth is encouraged, dedication recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our growing company provides great potential for career advancement as we develop our leadership.
The Manager will work closely with the Manufacturing, Human Resources, Facilities and Maintenance groups to reduce hazards and ensure a safe working environment through the management and oversight of safety programs, including acting as the company's point of contact for federal and state safety regulations. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing and will interact with many areas and employees in the company.
Candidates with the following qualifications will be considered:
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in an Occupational Safety and Health program or of the like.
- Minimum 3 years of health, safety, and environmental experience.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory and leadership experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt to the unique needs of different audiences.
- Experience, clear understanding, and ability to apply OSHA regulations/laws.
- Instructor certified in first aid or first response, including AED, or ability to complete within first 60 days of employment.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop, maintain, and lead the overall Health, Safety and Environmental Management for the company, at both our Merrill and Marshfield, WI locations.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate safety problems, conditions, and environmental risk, and respond timely and appropriately.
- Interpret and apply internal and external standards in support of safety, hazard and risk reduction and compliance.
- Train and evaluate personnel on procedures, practices, and controls.
- Develop, implement, administer, and advise employees on hazard and risk control policies.
- Maintain and continually update safety programs and policies.
- Manage and conduct workplace inspections.
- Attend ongoing continuing education as needed.
- Assist management and Human Resources in investigations of accidents.
- Work directly with Operations, Human Resources, Customers, and Vendors to accomplish an accident free company.
- Collaborate with the Director of Facilities to address and maintain buildings/facilities and grounds.
- Review all workplace injury and illness reports and logs, to ensure they are reported and documented accurately, timely, and properly following OSHA guidelines and regulations.
- Develop and maintain a continuous safety improvements.
- Schedule and conduct monthly safety committee meetings at all locations, and report out discoveries, etc., to the management team, including your direct supervisor.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Manager, Facilities Director, and Director of Manufacturing to implement and/or maintain continuous safety improvements.
- Develop systems to recognize and promote a healthy and safe working environment and performance.
As a Weinbrenner Shoe Company employee you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- Health with an HSA company match
- Dental and Vision
- Company paid group Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-and-short-term disability insurance
- Robust employee assistance program
- Voluntary supplemental critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance
- Voluntary Spouse/Child life insurance
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Bonus program
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
Enjoy working for a company where advancement opportunities are achievable and each person is important.
If you have a positive attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference and want to be part of a growing company, apply today or send your resume to Savannah Felch, Human Resources Coordinator and Recruiting Specialist at email@example.com.
Weinbrenner is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.